Thursday 23 May 2019

I'm Back Part II: What to Expect

Since I'm coming back to this project after a long hiatus, I realized that some things will have to change about my format.  One of the things that held me back, for example, was being stuck in the chronological sequence of events.  I fell behind in going through details in order, which simply prompted me to fall more behind.  I do not want to take away this organization altogether, since my brain really works well sequentially.  Instead, what I propose is to try to accomplish what I was trying to with posts left in my drafts box on Blogger, then see where new posts need to take me.

In going through old events, of course, it makes little sense for me to use my old system of "Hopeful and Hopeless counts".  In fact, I'm not sure they will serve me well for how I'm feeling now either, so this is a structure that is no longer useful.  In going through half-written drafts of old posts, I am going to keep things as they are, and probably not be able to complete them in the same amount of detail.  I'll indicate faithfully when I have a chunk of text that I had written those many years ago, then show a break where I'm jumping back in now, so that you can know the difference.

I figure that themes will be the driving force in the new chapter of my blog, since six years is a lot of life to catch up on (especially in order).  Probably what will make me most Hopeful is to talk about the things that are pertinent to me now.  It will kind of be like when you phone up or text your friend and talk to them about something you are thinking about, or a particular way you are feeling.  I fall down a lot of these rabbit holes, talking about abstract things that are not happening now, but that I am thinking about because of something that did happen.  Hopefully this will become clearer as we navigate this new format together.

Posts will be made on a more regular basis.  Hopefully I can write every week.  Definitely I will no longer let months go by without at least one post.

Till soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment