Sunday 26 May 2019

November Postscript

The next entry in my drafts is entitled "November Postcript".  It had a couple of notes for things that happened that did not have to do with Amin for the month of November.  One said to talk about this Spanish/Indian guy I met on the bus.  I had included this in the draft, because we spoke for the entire bus ride.  It has happened to me before to have conversations with people in Spanish when they find out I can speak a little, I think because they are so very happy to hear someone speaking their language in the middle of a linguistically-prejudiced province.  This guy, however, was really wanting to get my number and go on a date.  So I wanted to write this here because it took me by surprise.  Yes, even after all my experience with Plenty of Fish I did, and do, find it strange when someone expresses an interest in me.  It is so rare, that I am not expecting it.  Usually I'm just invisible to men, so I was taken aback because I was Noticed.  I remember marveling about it while talking to my sister's boyfriend at the time, and saying something like: what, do I glow now or something?  Are men suddenly noticing me?  Maybe so.  He was an isolated incident, though, so it's hard to say.  I like to think that being with Amin made me glow :)

The next note says "Brunch with Louis".  Yes, indeed, I did go for brunch with him.  I guess this is here because I was wondering a bit if he was interested in me.  A friend had warned me, saying that all French guys from France were just big flirts.  I knew he had a girlfriend, who we talked a lot about during this brunch, so as I suspected, I was very securely his friend.  He talked about how they were trying to get her to emigrate to Quebec too, and what a better quality of life it would be.  He was finishing up his Master's degree in History with a focus on teaching in the Cégep system.  It was nice to catch up with him, and he chuckled when I told him about the blog and how he was in it.  "Je ne savais pas que tu avais une vie sur les blogues!"  Well, no, not really a whole secret blogging life, Louis...  It kind of sounded like I was cute and he needed to humour me.

This is also the month, of course, when I deleted my Plenty of Fish account.  Under this, the note also said "writing last messages".  I guess there were just a couple of people I needed to tell about not looking anymore.  There is nothing really significant that I remember about this, other than the fact that I was feeling very good about Amin and confident that things were going well.  I permanently deleted my profile and settled into my new relationship.

No comments:

Post a Comment